Occupational Therapist - Band 6 - Joint Emergency Team - Greenwich - £24 to £25 per hour
We are currently looking for an Occupational therapist to join the Joint Emergency Team with one of our NHS clients based in London.
The Joint Emergency Team aims to prevent inappropriate hospital admissions and facilitate early discharges from hospital by acting as the gateway to the Integrated Community Services within the borough of Greenwich. The team responds to referrals requiring intervention within 24 hours. The team provides a multi-professional assessment of health and social care needs, recommending admission to intermediate care facilities for rehabilitation or referring to the integrated community services for rehabilitation at home when appropriate. The team also provides equipment necessary to maintain clients at home when urgently required following assessment.
The Occupational Therapist will work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team, including health and social services colleagues to meet the needs of clients referred to the Joint Emergency Team, ensuring the highest possible standards of practice.
Benefits of the role:
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Ongoing contract
- Flexible working hours
- Joining a collaborative and friendly team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- Work closely with other health professionals and social services and provide specialist occupational therapy advice in meeting the needs of the clients.
- Recommend appropriate interventions to promote independence and safety, utilising effective clinical reasoning skills and evidence-based practice.
- Complete a care plan for clients who require input from integrated community services (bed-based or home-based input).
- Provide specialist advice to client, carers and relatives based on clinical evidence when required.
- Ensure safe, appropriate and effective provision, installation and demonstration of equipment.
- Utilise and further develop knowledge of minor/major adaptation provision and non-stock equipment availability and use.
- Maintain up-to-date clinical written records and computerised records in accordance with local and professional standards; and also writing comprehensive reports on clients as required.
- Be able to operate as a lone worker in the community setting
You MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice Weekly Pay Roll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy