Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN - Adult Male Category C Prison Service - Cheshire - £20 - £23 per hour
Days - Flexible working options are available
I am currently looking for a Prison Nurse ( RGN or RMN ) to work within an adult male category C Prison service in Cheshire. You must have prison clearance for this role.
Benefits of this Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN role include:
- Rate of pay up to £23 depending on experience
- Free uniforms
- Essential training provided
- Long term contracts on offer
- Flexible working hours; full time and part time available
As a Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN, your main duties will include:
- Assist in the promotion, monitoring and development of evidence based primary health care services, and monitor the work of others providing services to the population.
- Provide an emergency first line response service in emergency situations daily within the prison environment.
- Maintain clinical credibility in order to remain updated and influence the practice of others.
- Attend meetings associated with your area of responsibility and in the absence of or at the request of the HCC Manager.
- Demonstrate a willingness to develop professionally and contribute to the delivery of the NSFs to the practice population.
- Promote and support multidisciplinary and interagency working throughout the delivery of healthcare, understanding the contribution of others in the wider prison system.
- Assist the primary care Manager in the development, implementation, of policies and standards and procedures.
- Administer medications as prescribed according to NMC guidelines.
- Support the development, implementation, and monitoring of Clinical Governance and quality assurance.
- Support the continuous personal development and training of all healthcare staff.
- Participate in clinical supervision.
- Initiate and participate in research and clinical audit ensure compliance with prison healthcare and NSF standards.
As a Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN, your must have/be:
- Current NMC registration
- Post registration experience in acute medicine / emergency dept
- Previous experience in a prison setting and Prison Clearance
- Evidence of professional development
- Non-judgemental approach towards all individuals
- Flexibility to work shift patterns on a 24-hour rotational basis in response to the needs of the prison including nights/weekends/bank holidays
- Evidence of good communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritise and meet goals with tight deadlines
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free training resources covering all your annual mandatory training requirements
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £250 for each Registered Nurse you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.