Senior Occupational Therapist - Community Independence Service - Hammersmith - £30.00 per hour
We are currently looking for an experienced occupational therapist to join the Community Independence team with one of our clients in Hammersmith.
The successful Occupational Therapist will be working within the Joint Community Independence Team. The Community Independence Service aims to provide up to 6 weeks of care for people post hospital discharge to enable them back to their previous baseline, maximising independence. The clinical team comprises of an Occupational Therapist, physiotherapist and nurse, with an OTA and a team of trained carers.
You will be expected to liaise closely with your colleagues within the Community Independence Service as well as other community teams in both health and social care sectors, and with counterparts at the local acute Trust.
As this is a senior role strong social services experience will be required. The successful Occupational Therapist will also be able to demonstrate knowledge of Framework I, is comfortable ordering equipment, and has team management experience.
Benefits of the role:
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Deeply rewarding and varied work
- A chance to develop and implement change
- Working within a multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- To work flexibly and assist in effective and efficient delivery of the service.
- To prioritise workload, delegate and to supervise more junior staff including support staff and students, to aid provision of high standards of patient care.
- To assess the occupational therapy needs of a defined patient group and establish and evaluate appropriate treatment plans. This includes chronic, acute and palliative care within own competencies, recognising own limitations and seeking advice when necessary.
- To monitor, evaluate and modify treatment for patients with multiple in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of effectiveness of treatment
- To select and apply occupational therapy assessments for a designated caseload, addressing occupational performance and skill deficits, enabling patients in the areas of productivity, self and leisure.
- Act in accordance to legislation and policies
- Work as an active member of the team attending team meeting and contributing to systems and procedures
You MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our online training and CPD portal (worth £500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy