Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN - Adult Male Category D Prison Service - Kirkham, Lancashire - £20 - £23 per hour
Days - Flexible working options are available
I am currently looking for a Prison Nurse ( RGN or RMN ) to work within an adult male category D Prison service in Kirkham, Lancashire.
As a Prison Nurse ( RGN or RMN ), your core responsibilities will be providing care and triage to inmates, alongside being responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating evidence based care in collaboration with service users and the multi-disciplinary team.
Benefits of this Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN role include:
- Rate of pay up to £23 depending on experience
- Free uniforms
- Essential training provided
- Long term contracts on offer
- Flexible working hours; full time and part time available
As a Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN, your duties will include:
- Assist in the promotion, monitoring and development of evidence based primary health care services, and monitor the work of others providing services to the population.
- Provide an emergency first line response service in emergency situations daily within the prison environment.
- Maintain clinical credibility in order to remain updated and influence the practice of others.
- Attend meetings associated with your area of responsibility and in the absence of or at the request of the HCC Manager.
- Demonstrate a willingness to develop professionally and contribute to the delivery of the NSFs to the practice population.
- Promote and support multidisciplinary and interagency working throughout the delivery of healthcare, understanding the contribution of others in the wider prison system.
- Assist the primary care Manager in the development, implementation, of policies and standards and procedures.
- Administer medications as prescribed according to NMC guidelines.
- Support the development, implementation, and monitoring of Clinical Governance and quality assurance.
- Support the continuous personal development and training of all healthcare staff.
- Participate in clinical supervision.
- Initiate and participate in research and clinical audit ensure compliance with prison healthcare and NSF standards.
The ideal Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN will have/be:
- Current NMC registration
- An RGN or RMN qualification
- Post registration experience in acute medicine / emergency dept
- Previous experience in a prison setting
- Evidence of professional development
- Non-judgemental approach towards all individuals
- Flexibility to work shift patterns on a 24-hour rotational basis in response to the needs of the prison including nights/weekends/bank holidays
- Evidence of good communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritise and meet goals with tight deadlines
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.