Occupational Therapist - Adults Community - Sandwell - £25ph
We are currently looking for an Occupational therapist to join the Adults Community team within Sandwell. The role encompasses the assessment of service users and the undertaking of holistic assessments to include occupational therapy and care management.
The successful occupational therapist will have experience within a local authority or community focussed multi-disciplinary setting and be able to start as soon as possible. A car driver would be required as this is a community role.
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Continuing professional development
- Community based role
- A chance to build experience in major adaptations, reablement and moving and handling risk assessments
- Joining a collaborative and friendly multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- Deliver an enhanced customer experience that promotes wellbeing to local people in their local communities.
- Enable people to live independently for longer by supporting people to retain or regain their skills and confidence, and prevent the need or delays in deterioration wherever possible.
- Focus on the customer's outcomes, will also contribute to the strategic outcomes of Sandwell MBC and partner organizations.
Within this role, you will undertake the following duties;
- To work with vulnerable adults and carers, helping them to achieve ambitions, helping them to do things for themselves, take control over their lives as much as possible, building relationships and networks that maintain their independence.
- To provide a service that flexibly meets the needs of service users within budgetary constraints. $2022; To have knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative and regulatory framework and Government initiatives relating to your service area, including safeguarding, and the needs of vulnerable adults.
- To have knowledge of the principles and responsibility of information sharing and data protection in line with legislation.
- To undertake specific duties and responsibilities determined by the line manager to enable the team to achieve its goals and objectives.
- To work with the line manager to ensure day to day functioning of the team in operational matters.
- To work with managers and other staff members to share and promote good practice and work co-operatively to ensure consistency in working practices wherever feasible and champion all changes particularly in relation to the personalisation agenda
The successful occupational therapist will have experience of…
- Working within a multidisciplinary team and liaising with other professionals such as partners of the council and Health departments
- Experience of major adaptations, reablement, gain programs, and moving and handling assessments
- Writing reports and reviewing ongoing treatment
- Managing a caseload and prioritising needs
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our online training and CPD portal (worth £500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy