Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN - Adult Male Category B Prison Service - Newport, Isle of Wight - £20 - £23 per hour
Days - Flexible working options are available
I am currently looking for a Prison Nurse ( RGN or RMN ) to work within an adult male category B Prison service in Newport, Isle of Wight.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the delivery of high standards of nursing care and psychosocial interventions to patient.
You will need to have an understanding of all aspects of security and safety consistent with working within a custodial framework. Prison clearance is ideal, but not essential.
Benefits of this Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN role include:
- Rate of pay £20 - £23 depending on experience
- Free uniforms
- Essential training provided
- Long term contracts on offer
- Flexible working hours; full time and part time available
As a Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN, your main duties will include:
- Promote the health and well-being of prisoners and maintain a safe, caring and therapeutic environment which minimises risk at all times.
- Undertake initial health needs assessment to include mental health and substance use history and current use.
- Develop, implement & evaluate programmes of care ensuring the needs of each patient is met including detailed arrangements for through-care, transfer/discharge and liaise with other agencies as appropriate.
- To be competent in urine/saliva testing and interpreting the results and to report and record any unexpected results to the senior nurse on duty.
- Participate in the maintenance of general and specific patient observations, accurately recording all relevant information, and in risk assessments as required/directed.
- To maintain, as required, ongoing records of clinical activities in client files and provide information to the wider Recovery Team or appropriate personnel requesting such information.
- To ensure all medication is administered following both NMC and National Guidelines and RAPt policies and procedures (SOP's)
- To participate in triage and other health assessment clinics.
As a Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN you will have:
- UK Registered Nurse NMC PIN
- Diploma level or equivalent
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free training resources covering all your annual mandatory training requirements
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £250 for each Registered Nurse you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.