Occupational Therapist - Adults Step Down Team - Community - Brent - £30 per hour
We are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist dynamic and flexible on a locum basis to work in Brent's Stepdown Service. The service works with people who are discharged from hospital who cannot yet return home.
Our client in Brent jointly commission a range of community stepdown resources in local care homes and sheltered housing to support safe and effective hospital discharge, maximise independence and to support decisions about ongoing care needs to be made in the community rather than in hospital.
This is a developing service and there are significant opportunities for contributing to improving pathways and practice.
Benefits of the role as a Adults Step Down Occupational Therapist:
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Joining a collaborative and friendly multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Role responsibilities as a Adults Step Down Occupational Therapist:
- The post holder will work as part of a small multidisciplinary team with a social worker and a dedicated housing officer and the providers.
- You will support people who are admitted to stepdown to maximise their independence and return home where possible following a spell in hospital.
- You will be an experienced OT who will have had experience working in rehabilitation and intermediate care services and an understanding of the pressures to ensure people are in acute hospital settings no longer than they need to be.
- You will develop discharge plans for individuals admitted to stepdown beds so that timely discharge home can be achieved.
- You will work with our stepdown providers to support them in delivering enabling care.
- You will work seamlessly with the social worker and housing to ensure that individuals go on to the most appropriate setting, usually home, with the right care and equipment following their admission to a stepdown facility.
- In conjunction with the service user formulate a plan to enhance their independence either by rehabilitation, equipment or home adaptations. The needs of the carer will also be carefully considered.
- To visit people with substantial disabilities in their own homes and carry out needs led assessments and reviews of their functional needs and environmental difficulties, taking into account the needs of carers and other family members.
- To arrange for the provision of equipment and minor adaptations that will meet the service users needs and give instructions on use of the equipment to both user and carers.
- To assess for and make written recommendations to the housing department to support service users' applications for Disabled Facilities Grants, housing adaptations and re-housing needs.
The successful Adults Step Down Occupational Therapist will have experience of:
- Basic awareness of safeguarding
- Writing reports and reviewing ongoing treatment
- Managing a caseload and prioritising needs
- Knowledge of relevant legislation appropriate to disability services
- Able to work independently
You will be:
- HCPC Registered
- Eligible to Work in the UK
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our online training and CPD portal (worth £500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy