Prison Substance Misuse Nurse - RMN or RGN - Category C Men's Prison - East Yorkshire - Salary up to £28,000 per annum.
Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00am - 5:30pm)
I am currently recruiting for a Prison Substance Misuse Nurse ( RMN or RGN ) to work within an adult male category C, Prison service in East Yorkshire.
This service has a strong emphasis on education and training. Education at this prison is provided by The Manchester College and East Riding College with courses including Literacy, Numeracy, Art and Design, Information Technology, Business, Carpentry, Painting and Decorating, Bricklaying, Plumbing, Forklift truck driving, Scaffolding, Domestic electrics, Industrial cleaning, and Computer Aided Design. The PE department at the prison also run various Physical Education courses as well as recreational gym.
As a Prison's Substance Misuse Nurse ( RMN or RGN ), you will be offering holistic and integrated support to prisoners on the Mental Health recovery unit, administering treatments, offering 1-1 care and support and assist during detox and patients recovery.
For this position, my client are looking for a registered nurse who has exceptional clinical skills as well as being able to address individual's thoughts and behaviours linked to substance misuse and mental health.
Benefits of this Prison Substance Misuse Nurse - RMN or RGN role include but are not limited to:
- Training opportunities NMP
- Competitive salary packages
- Pension (6%)
- Innovative appraisal system
- Experienced management
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing to 30 then 33)
- Option to buy 2 additional holidays
As a Prison Substance Misuse Nurse - RMN or RGN your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure a high standard of clinical care for patients under your management and support other members of the team to do likewise.
- To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of your own work including the management of patients in your care.
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate treatment/interventions and care for patients presenting with substance misuse issues.
- Proactively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition (as appropriate).
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and non-drug-based treatment methods into a recovery plan via a regular audit cycle.
- Work collaboratively and effectively within a busy team
As a Prison Substance Misuse Nurse - RMN or RGN you will have:
- UK Registered Nurse NMC PIN
- An RGN or RMN qualification
- Experience in a custodial setting, substance use or alcohol services
- Diploma level or equivalent
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development