Probation Officer - Berkshire - £25 per hour
Liquid Personnel are looking for Probation Officers to work in the Berkshire area.
It is essential that applicants hold a Diploma in Probation Studies or be a qualified Social Worker. Experience using Oasys and Delius is ideal but not essential, however as the roles will be temporary you will be expected to have extensive post qualifying experience. The successful applicants will be working on 3-6 month contracts, offered at £25 per hour.
Benefits of the role as a Probation Officer:
- Small manageable case load
- Supportive team
- Some flexibility around working hours
- Regular supervision
Duties as a Probation Officer include:
- The successful applicants will be working with offenders or ex-offenders who have emotional, behavioural or psychological problems.
- Responsibilities of the job include:
- Providing advice and information about offenders to assist with court sentencing
- Writing/presenting pre-sentence and pre-release reports
- Helping offenders come to terms with custodial sentences
- Undertaking one-to-one and group work activities
- Organising and overseeing community service work
- Befriending and counselling offenders and their families
- Helping with the rehabilitation of ex-offenders into the community
- Visiting offenders at home, in court, prison, hostels or other penal institutions
- Supporting the victims of some violent or sexual crimes
- Liaising with the police, social services and other authorities
You will have:
- Diploma in Probation Studies
- A keen interest in this area
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.