Criminal Justice Mental Health Practitioner – RMN - Band 6 – NHS - South London - £30,549 - £40,105 per annum
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week (some weekend working is involved in this role)
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled Band 6 practitioner ( RMN ) with an interest and/or experience in the criminal justice system to be an integral part of both a court liaison and diversion team and a police custody suite assessment team.
As a Criminal Justice Mental Health Practitioner, you will be working with both adults and young people, within what is a very interesting and rewarding area of care that is continuing to develop further.
My client are looking for an innovative and confident individual who is skilled in complex assessments (including assessment of risk) and decision making.
As a Criminal Justice Mental Health Practitioner – RMN - Band 6, some of the responsibilities you can expect will include:
- Proactive screening via the custody electronic whiteboard.
- On-the-day assessments including full mental state examinations, risk assessment (within the context of alleged offence) and gathering of background history for individuals presenting with a wide variety of established or suspected needs which can include anxiety, challenging behaviour, serious mental illness, personality disorder, learning disorders, social communication and language difficulties, substance misuse and associated social issues within police custody.
- Assisting detainees who present with urgent and non-urgent clinical issues that may include onward referrals for a Mental Health Act assessment.
- Providing advice, information and support to custody personnel.
- Provision of written assessment summaries to police, court and other relevant agencies.
- Liaising with CAMHS and YOT practitioners for those under the age of 18.
- Recording data for regular auditing and evaluation.
As a Criminal Justice Mental Health Practitioner – RMN - Band 6, you must have:
- A Registered Mental Health Nurse ( RMN ) qualification
- A current, valid registration with the NMC
- The legal right to work in the UK
- Extensive experience within a mental health nursing setting