Psychiatric Liaison Nurse - Band 6 – NHS – Croydon, London - £30,549 - £40,105 per annum
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
I am currently recruiting for a Psychiatric Liaison Nurse - Band 6 to work within the NHS alongside a small team of clinicians in Croydon, London.
The service provides mental health assessments and management advice for most medical and surgical inpatients aged 65 and over admitted to CUH. The team also provide primary working for complex patients.
The team comprises 2 consultant psychiatrists, a specialist registrar (rotational), a team manager, 1 Band 6 Psychiatric Nurse, 1 PT Band 7 CNS, 1 FYI doctor ( on placement) and a service administrator.
The service operates from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (excluding public holidays). You will be offered routine managerial and clinical supervision, whilst being encouraged to participate in and develop skills in mental health assessment and planning, in delivering teaching to general nurse colleagues and in undertaking audits. Also, you will have the opportunity to develop a greater understanding of the medical and surgical interplay with old age mental health whilst providing supervision, mentorship and guidance to student nurses on placement with the Team.
As a Psychiatric Liaison Nurse - Band 6 – NHS, your duties will include:
- Routinely assess and support patients with pre-existing, acute and burgeoning psychiatric ill health. We
- Collaborate closely with medical colleagues, carers and the extended MDT to improve patient care and expedite safe and swift discharge to a more conducive environment.
- Work closely with CUH and also with the wider MHOA service, primary care and social services.
As a Psychiatric Liaison Nurse - Band 6 – NHS, you must have:
- A Registered Mental Health Nurse ( RMN ) qualification
- A current, valid registration with the NMC
- The legal right to work in the UK