RMN - Mental Health Liaison Nurse – Band 6 - NHS - Lewisham – Salary up to £42,046 per annum
Full time – 12 month fixed term
Rolling shift pattern (day and nights shifts)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Band 6 Mental Health Liaison Nurse to join the Psychological Medicine and Integrated Care CAG within our well established Liaison Team in Lewisham.
As an RMN working in this position, you will be well supported by an established team which includes two consultant liaison psychiatrists , a clinical team manager, mental health liaison nurses, and a team administrator providing a 24/7 on-site mental health service.
This is a fantastic opportunity as an RMN to work within a developing mental health team and to build on your clinical skills and knowledge in this area. You must be confident and motivated, flexible and be able to show initiative in an environment which can be demanding.
As an RMN - Mental Health Liaison Nurse – Band 6 – NHS, your main duties will include:
- Provide mental health assessment and support to the inpatient wards, emergency dept. for all patients from age 18 upwards, including older adults
- Work closely with both inpatient specialties and mental health services.
- To demonstrate an ability to complete comprehensive mental state examinations, thoroughly assess risk, formulate safe and effective risk management plans and document this clearly
- You will be able work autonomously with awareness of when to seek advice.
As an RMN - Mental Health Liaison Nurse – Band 6, you must have:
- An RMN qualification
- A current, valid registration with the NMC
- Sound working knowledge of common mental health disorders, the Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act.
- Sound knowledge of the interface between physical and mental health is essential as well as experience of working with older adults, in any setting.
- The relevant mentorship qualification or be willing to undertake this training.