Health and Wellbeing Nurse - RGN or RMN - Substance Misuse Clinic - Middlesbrough, Teesside - Salary £26,000 to £32,200 per annum
Hours: 9 till 5 day hours only
I am currently looking for a nurse to join a close-knit team within a substance misuse clinic in Middlesbrough, Teesside.
My client need a nurse with a positive attitude that is willing to learn and understand the treatment process. The service provides an Alcohol Liaison Service, an Alcohol Detox Service and an Opiate Replacement Service for NHS patients.
As an RGN or RMN, you will be joining a national charity with a reputation for delivering excellence in services for people with drug and alcohol dependency issues. They are looking to recruit a skilled nurse RGN or RMN with a background in Substance Misuse, Prison services or clinic/practise nursing background, to work in their fantastic service.
The benefits of this Health and Wellbeing Nurse - RGN or RMN role include:
- A competitive salary with an increase in annual leave days based on length of service
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Regular support and supervision during their probationary period and monthly supervision thereafter
- The opportunity to work within a rewarding and varied role in a supportive team environment
- The potential for personal and professional development, including internal and external training courses and time off to pursue relevant higher education qualifications.
The service provides a range of interventions including:
- Blood borne virus screening and vaccination
- Clinically assisted alcohol reduction plans
- Community detoxification
- Extended brief interventions
- Health and wellbeing checks
- Hospital alcohol liaison.
As a Health and Wellbeing Nurse - RGN or RMN, you will:
- Be a first level registered Nurse (RGN or RMN)
- Possess an active UK nursing PIN
- Ideally have experience in substance misuse services, whether that be drugs, alcohol or both
- Have a clear understanding of the need for and ability to deliver quality services
- Have knowledge of clinical prescribing issues
- Demonstrate knowledge of harm reduction and health promotion interventions
- Possess knowledge of the issues facing alcohol misusers including appropriate medical interventions, social care and health issues