RMN – CAMHS Crisis Team Practitioner – NHS - Registered Mental Health Nurse – Band 6 - Lewisham - Salary - £31,878 - £42,046 per annum
Area of Expertise - Child and Adolescent Mental Health
Job Type - Permanent - Full time (37.5 hours per week)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic RMN ( Registered Mental Health Nurse ) to become part of a crisis team within Lewisham CAMHS.
This is a unique opportunity for a Registered Mental Health Nurse to join an enthusiastic, forward-thinking team and to really make a difference to the young people within the borough of Lewisham.
Lewisham CAMHS is part of South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, the most comprehensive Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service in the country. As an RMN in this position, you will provide crisis assessments to children & young people in Lewisham as well as providing brief crisis interventions
This RMN position also involves inter-agency liaison with local A&E and paediatric wards as well as with social care and other agencies, as needed.
As an RMN – CAMHS Crisis Team Practitioner – NHS - Registered Mental Health Nurse, your duties will include:
- Providing comprehensive assessment and evidence based treatment to children and young people with a range of mental health difficulties particularly those experiencing mental health crisis
- Liaison with local A&E and Paediatric wards
- Working within social care and other agencies
- Providing brief crisis interventions
As an RMN – CAMHS Crisis Team Practitioner – NHS - Registered Mental Health Nurse , you must have:
- Either experience of working with Children and Young People with moderate to severe mental health or neuropsychiatric difficulties or transferable skills in the assessment of people in mental health crisis and hold current professional registration.
- A Registered Mental Health Nurse ( RMN ) qualification
- A current, valid registration with the NMC
- The legal right to work in the UK