Community Practitioner or RMN – NHS - Lambeth and Southwark (Memory Service) - Band 6 - Salary £31,878 - £42,046 per annu
Job Type - Permanent - Full time (37.5 hours per week)
I am looking to recruit an enthusiastic, confident and experienced full time Band 6 RMN for a permanent position working as an NHS Community Practitioner in the Lambeth and Southwark memory service.
The memory service offers a single point of access for comprehensive assessment, diagnostic and treatment services for individuals over the age of 18 living in Lambeth and Southwark who are experiencing cognitive decline consistent with an underlying dementia.
As an RMN for this position, you must have excellent clinical skills, be able to demonstrate an ability to complete risk assessments, formulate safe and effective risk management plans and document this clearly. And you should have experience of mental health nursing, in a variety of settings especially the community.
As a Community Practitioner or RMN, your duties will include:
- Having a key role in providing time limited support and interventions to people with dementia, their carers and relatives in both clinic and home-based settings
- Liaise with colleagues within primary care, community health and social care services, voluntary organisations and the wider mental health of older adult service as appropriate.
- Being responsible for carrying out initial assessments (including standardised cognitive tests), formulating diagnoses and care plans with the support of the MDT, communicating with clients and their carers, discussing treatment options, and signposting people to relevant support services.
- Being skilled in communicating clearly and sensitively, both verbally and in writing.
As a Community Practitioner or RMN, you must have:
- An RMN nursing qualification ( Registered Mental Health Nurse )
- A current, valid registration with the NMC
- The legal right to work in the UK
- Extensive experience of mental health nursing