Theatre Scrub Nurse - NHS - Mediroom - Band 5 - Bristol - £21,909 - £28,462 per annum
Additional funding for anaesthetics qualifications available.
I am currently recruiting for NHS band 5 Theatre Scrub Nurses for a mediroom service in Bristol. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop or start your career within the NHS and gain clinical experience and knowledge.
This hospital in Bristol will support Theatre Scrub Nurses with all levels of experience to move into the mediroom services by using simulation theatres and a fantastic induction to get nurses up to speed.
The mediroom is an exciting concept enabling more patient to nurse contact, and as a Theatre Scrub Nurse you will scrub and treat patients in a wide variety of surgical procedures and full training and support is given.
The benefits of this Theatre Scrub Nurse - NHS - Band 5 role include:
- Relocation package
- Skype interviews available
- Pension scheme
- Simulation training
- Funding for additional qualifications such as anaesthetics
- 1-1 patient contact
As a Theatre Scrub Nurse - NHS - Band 5, you job duties will include:
- Ensure skilled care is given to patients either by themselves or junior staff within the department or outside areas
- To maintain standard documentation in accordance with the NMC Standards for Records and Record Keeping
- Able to identify the specific perioperative needs of patients undergoing a variety of surgeries.
- To act as Scrub nurse for a variety of specialities carried out within the department as directed.
- To act as circulating nurse for a variety of surgical specialities
- To assist in the handover of care to the Mediroom area
- To support the anaesthetic and Mediroom staff as and when required
- Plan, implement and evaluate patient care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team
- Maintain the safety and wellbeing of patients, their relatives and staff in accordance with Health and Safety policies
- Ensure all equipment is cleaned, checked daily and maintained and take appropriate action in regards to faulty equipment as per Trust policy
- Participate in the ordering and training of new equipment
- Take responsibility for ensuring safe lifting techniques when assisting in the movement and lifting of patients and equipment
- Report to the Team Leader/Clinical Coordinator accidents, incidents and complaints and drug deficiencies affecting patients, staff, supplies and services
- Communicate effectively at all times and maintain a harmonious working environment.
- Take an active role in maintaining effective communication with all disciplines.
- Assist in the care, labelling and dispatch of specimens for laboratory examination.
- Assist in maintaining the accurate collection of data in relation to theatre in order that statistics may be accurately compiled.
- Participate in audit and research
- Ensure all clinical and legal documents are completed and that they are accurate and legible in accordance with the Trust guidelines.
- Ensure the understanding of the nature of confidentiality
- Maintain appropriate stock levels within the theatre areas and participate in budgetary control.
- Ensure the economical use of resources.
- Development of own and others professional practice in line with personal development plan
As a Theatre Scrub Nurse - NHS - Band 5, you must have:
- A Registered Nurse qualification and a valid registration with the NMC
- The legal right to work in the UK