RMN - Unit Manager - Registered Nurse - Nursing Home - York, Yorkshire - Up to £32,175 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hour working week.
I am currently recruiting for a Unit Manager ( RMN ) Registered Mental Health Nurse - to join this nursing home in York, Yorkshire working full time. For this role, it is ideal that you have previous experience working within the elderly healthcare sector.
As a Unit Manager ( RMN ) you will be working along the manager but will also be responsible for your own team. In this role, you will ensure the delivery of excellent standards of care, in accordance with the companies Health Care policies and procedures; promoting rehabilitation, independence and dignity, positively enhancing the lives of individuals in your care.
As a RMN - Unit Manager - Registered Nurse your duties will include:
- Ensure the highest possible standards of care - continually assessing residents' needs and wishes, developing services to enhance their quality of life.
- Champion independence and personal choice; developing, reviewing and updating care plans to meet our clients changing physical, social and psychological needs.
- Build the positive reputation of the Business and unit; liaise professionally with visitors and other external stakeholders. Ensure team communication is professional and considered.
- Ensure all elements of resident experience are positive, from admission to discharge. For example psychological considerations, safe custody of property, pain management and dignity.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines - identify, investigate and resolve risks proactively.
- Oversee all aspects of medicine management - ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered to our clients.
- Set in place rigorous monitoring and recording practice; documenting efficiently, and thoroughly all matters relating to our residents and employees.
- Proactively monitor all standards of care; undertaking audits and implementing corrective action where appropriate.
- Promote high standards of nursing care for you and your team, actively seeking ways to improve levels of service.
- To assist with all people management duties, including but not exclusively; recruitment, training and career development, performance management and effective delegation of duties.
As an RMN - Unit Manager - Registered Nurse, you will have the following key skills and behaviours:
- People management experience; the ability to lead and manage a team
- Numerate and literate with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Understands and effectively uses IT and communication systems required for the role
- Able to analyse problems and propose solutions
- Sensitive to and respectful of the values, views and needs of others
- Able to effectively prioritise workload
- Develop internal and external business relationships based on mutual respect and professionalism
- Ability to work under pressure whilst motivating their team
- Encourages knowledge sharing and best practice
As a RMN - Unit Manager - Registered Nurse, you will have:
- Experience in a similar setting
- A RMN qualification
- Current registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
- Experience of delivering nursing care within elderly health care sector
- Experience of participating in quality and clinical governance programmes, including audit and care services
- Leadership Management qualifications