Occupational Therapist - Elderly Rehabilitation - Thurrock - Band 6 - £24-26ph
We are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist to join the inpatient rehabilitation team with one of our NHS clients based in Thurrock.
Knowledge of discharge planning and Occupational Therapist specific interventions around neuro, orthopaedics, dementia, general medical and post surgical positions.
The inpatient rehab team provides Occupational Therapy rehabilitation within the elderly rehabilitation unit in Thurrock. The caseload is mainly older adults so experience of this patient base is desirable. Knowledge of community services and the referral process will also be beneficial for this role.
Flexible working considered up to 37.5 hours per week.
Benefits of the role…
- Opportunity to work within a supportive multidisciplinary team of therapists, clinicians and social workers
- Complex caseload
- Ongoing requirement with no fixed end date
- Easily accessible on public transport and no car required
- Opportunity to coach and mentor therapists and therapy students
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
The successful therapist will have experience of…
- Developing a rehabilitation programmes to help rebuild lost skills and restore lost confidence
- Discharge planning
- Goal setting
- General medical conditions
- Post surgical positions
- Elderly care
- Knowledge of community services and referral processes
- Equipment ordering
- TCES experience
- Desirable: Training in SystemOne
- Liaising with other professionals, such as doctors, physiotherapists, social workers, equipment suppliers and architects, as well as patients' families, carers and employers
- Writing reports and attending multidisciplinary case meetings to plan and review ongoing treatment.
- Organising support and rehabilitation groups for carers and clients
As an Occupational Therapist, you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.