Physiotherapist - Band 6 - Merton - £23-£26 per hour
We are currently looking for a band 6 Physiotherapist to join the falls prevention team with one of our clients based in Merton.
The successful Physiotherapist will be delivering targeted physiotherapy assessment and interventions to patients within a community setting providing falls prevention - this may be in a patient's own home or a community setting.
An ability to travel around is required- car driver and access to a car desirable
Previous community experience is advantageous and experience in group exercise classes and undertaking individual assessment and advice to this client group is desirable and an interest in Health Promotion and Service Development will provide opportunities to add to your portfolio of skills
The Falls Prevention Service is part of a comprehensive Falls Pathway working with Acute, Outpatient and Community Rehabilitation Services and linking in with other local organisations.
The service runs from 8am-4pm and the hours are 37.5 per week.
- Assessment, plan, implement and evaluate interventions as an autonomous practitioner using independence of judgement
- Being part of the Falls Prevention Service ensuring that physiotherapy input is integral to the patients overall care plan and patient goal setting alongside other healthcare professionals.
- Ensuring a high quality of service delivery and evidence based treatment.
- Improve standards of care by efficient and effective use of resources and appropriate and timely physiotherapy interventions.
- Work in accordance with guidance set out in national and local guidance e.g. The NHS Improvement Plan, Supporting Patients with Long Term Conditions, the NSF for Older People
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience of working as part of an MDT team.
- Previous NHS experience.
- Knowledge and skills to assess patients with complex presentations to arrive at clinical diagnosis.
- Practical knowledge of relevant clinical profession.
- Excellent communication skills including influencing, negotiation & empathic skills.
- The ability to work effectively alone or in a team environment.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information discreetly.
- Basic IT skills - use of a database, email and word.
- Well organised, with excellent work planning and prioritisation skills.
- Sufficient personal resilience to cope with challenging emotional situations.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise caseload to respond to timely referrals.
- Assertive and efficient in dealing with people at all levels, in person, writing and by phone.
- Ability to travel to a variety of sites and carry equipment.
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each person you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.