Adult Social Care - Occupational Therapist - Basildon - £28-£30 per hour
We are currently looking for an Occupational therapist to join the adult social care team with one of our social care clients based in Basildon, Essex.
The Adult Operations function delivers direct provision of services relating to vulnerable adults and their families. These services are delivered against specifications set by the People Commissioning function in line with the County Council's overarching outcomes.
The role reports directly to an Operational Team Manager and will be a member of a small team (10- 15) of Social Workers and Occupational Therapists.
The postholder is responsible for working with individuals who have complex social needs and are more vulnerable as a result of disability, exclusion, or diminished capacity. To maximise or promote personal strengths, social networks and resources.
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Rewarding and varied work
- Steady Caseloads
- Access to a well-established network with adult occupational therapy services
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- To undertake assessment of risk involving safeguarding of vulnerable adults/carers and their families across a range of settings.
- Taking responsibility and working with individuals facing complex social and family crisis across a range of settings
- Promoting autonomy and development with individuals who have complex needs and are more vulnerable to exclusion.
- Working with communities, individuals and families to promote their personal strengths.
- To assess, review and provide help to an individual, family or carer with complex family or social care needs,
- To carry out an assessment or enquiry and plan responses with an adult, their representative or advocate if they lack capacity,
- To safeguard clients from abuse, neglect or exploitation, building effective relationships with individuals and families as appropriate.
- To enable an adult who has been abused or neglected to improve their circumstances, where it is unclear whether the person lacks mental capacity to make decisions, or where it is unclear whether their decisions are compromised by the undue influence of others.
- To seek to promote social justice and rights by challenging neglect, discrimination and exclusion, and helping to build safe, strong and caring social networks and communities.
- To take a lead on community development to assess, identify and maximise the strengths or assets of individuals, their families and their communities to increase independence and quality of life.
- To help people facing significant personal adversity to improve their health, well-being and social engagement.
The successful therapist will have experience of…
- Providing professional occupational therapy services
- Undertaking and reviewing assessments of users in consultation with other health professionals.
- providing aids and rehabilitation for people with disabilities
- On occasions designing tailor made equipment and adaptations to users' homes and provide advice on design and planning of buildings and facilities
- Assessing the needs of people as they relate to housing adaptations
- Initiating and coordinating appropriate outcomes identified in the assessment
- Reviewing services to ensure they continue to meet the identified outcomes.
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free training resources covering all your annual mandatory training requirements
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy