Occupational Therapist - Stroke Early Supported Discharge - Guilford - Band 6 - Part time - £24 - £26ph
We are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist to join the Stroke Early supported Discharge team with one of our NHS clients based in Middlesex.
The ESD team provides individualised stroke rehabilitation to support stroke patients and their carers in the early weeks of discharge from hospital.
This is a community position so access to your own method of transport is essential. The service provides Occupational Therapy services to patients covering boroughs of North West Surrey.
The ideal Occupational Therapist will have experience with working with stroke patients and community care.
Part time 28 hours per week.
Benefits of the role…
- Ongoing contract to start 14th of August
- Broaden experience in an inpatient setting by working within the stroke team Working in a proactive and collaborative team
- Deeply rewarding
- Great rates of pay
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
The desirable Occupational Therapist will have experience of:
- Previous NHS Experience
- Post graduate experience working in neurology and stroke care
- Ideally experience of working in a community setting
- Experience of working in interdisciplinary teams
- Able to work autonomously
- Managing a caseload
- Undertaking comprehensive assessment of stroke patients
- Working with patients with diverse or complex presentations/multi pathologies.
- Formulating and delivering individualised treatment programmes in accordance with the goals of the patient and their carers.
- Undertaking therapeutic moving and handling with patients e.g. normalising tone, functional mobility, ADL assessments.
- Competent to carry out cognitive and perceptual assessments.
- Outlining rehab care plans for rehabilitation assistants to carry out unsupervised.
- HCPC registered
- Eligibility to work in the UK
As an occupational therapist you must be…
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free training resources covering all your annual mandatory training requirements
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of allied health positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each Allied Health Professional you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy