RGN - Registered Nurse - Elderly - Complex Care - Dementia Unit - Wolverhampton, West Midlands - Up to £15.50 per hour dependent on experience
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join one of the area's most respected nursing homes. You will be a Registered General Nurse ( RGN ) with experience working within a highly complex clinical setting looking for a challenging new position to develop yourself professionally.
My client is part of one of the country's most recognisable providers of health care and this is clear from their multiple award wins!
This home delivers an excellent standard of elderly nursing care, and also all of the nursing team are trained in venepuncture and IV antibiotics in order to alleviate pressure on the hospital community teams.
Many of the residents have complex clinical needs including suprapubic catheters, oxygen and stoma care. The elderly service is more akin to a small hospital than a nursing home.
Benefits for RGN - Registered Nurse include:
- Competitive salary
- Paid breaks
- Uniform provided
- Specialist dementia training
- Outstanding clinical training
- SMART pension
- SMART childcare vouchers
The role of the RGN - Registered Nurse is:
- Deliver the highest standards of care with dignity and respect
- Develop, review and update care plans
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Ensure medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedures are read, understood are adhered to by all staff.
- Provide clinical leadership & supervision for the healthcare staff
- Participate in the induction and training of all new staff on the unit
- Supervise and monitor standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required
- Ensure all clinical documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
As a RGN - Registered Nurse you will have:
- Experience in a similar setting (Hospital or Nursing Home)
- Excellent and up-to-date clinical skills
- A general nursing qualification ( RGN )
- Current registration with the NMC
- The legal right to work in the UK