Occupational Therapist - Adults Community - Basildon - £30-£33 per hour
We are currently looking for an Occupational therapist to join the Adults Community team within Basildon.
The role encompasses the assessment of risk involving safeguarding of vulnerable adults/carers and their families across a range of settings. Taking responsibility and working with individuals facing complex social and family crisis across a range of settings. Promoting autonomy and development with individuals who have complex needs and are more vulnerable to exclusion. Working with communities, individuals and families to promote their personal strengths.
The Adult Operations function delivers direct provision of services relating to vulnerable adults and their families. These services are delivered against specifications set by the People Commissioning function in line with the County Council's overarching outcomes.
The role reports directly to an Operational Team Manager and will be a member of a small team (10- 15) of Social Workers and Occupational Therapists. Teams are aligned to GP clusters/Districts and focused on one of the following areas- working age adults, older people, or older adult mental health in addition there are hospital assessment teams co-located with NHS colleagues and a number of specialist teams with countywide remits. This role will be required to support Occupational Therapy activity across various teams and service user groups.
The postholder is responsible for working with individuals who have complex social needs and are more vulnerable as a result of disability, exclusion, or diminished capacity. To maximise or promote personal strengths, social networks and resources.
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Community based role
- A chance to build experience in major adaptations, reablement and moving and handling risk assessments
- Joining a collaborative and friendly multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- To take a lead on community development to assess, identify and maximise the strengths or assets of individuals, their families and their communities to increase independence and quality of life.
- To help people facing significant personal adversity to improve their health, well-being and social engagement.
- To build relationships with individuals and families who find it difficult to engage with services but need support to develop or maintain independence or autonomy.
- To refer, liaise, consult and work effectively with other professionals in order to identify and meet service user / carers needs e.g. Social Care Staff, Essex Equipment Service, Health Care Professionals, District Councils, Housing Teams, Home Improvement Agencies and contractors. In integrated teams, to positively contribute to the achievement of joint working practices.
- To assess, review and provide help to an individual, family or carer with complex family or social care needs,
- To carry out an assessment or enquiry and plan responses with an adult, their representative or advocate if they lack capacity,
- To safeguard clients from abuse, neglect or exploitation, building effective relationships with individuals and families as appropriate.
The successful occupational therapist will have experience of…
- Working within a multidisciplinary team and liaising with other professionals such as partners of the council and Health departments
- Experience of major adaptations, reablement, gain programs, and moving and handling assessments
- Writing reports and reviewing ongoing treatment
- Managing a caseload and prioritising needs
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our online training and CPD portal (worth £500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy