Registered Nurse - RMN - Locked Female Rehabilitation - Wolverhampton, West Midlands - Up to £33,000 per annum
Contract: 37.5 hours per week - 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
I am currently looking for a Registered Mental Health Nurse ( RMN ), experienced in a low or medium secure setting to join this small locked transitional rehabilitation service in Wolverhampton, West Midlands as Staff Nurse.
The service provides transitional care to women of working age with a range of mental health needs including personality disorder, challenging behaviour and those who may be detained under the Mental Health Act.
As a Staff Nurse ( RMN ), you will undertake a 2 week comprehensive induction which involves hands on training including Breakaway, ILS and MAPA. You will then have 2 weeks supernumerary to familiarise yourself with the ward before commencing in your new role as Staff Nurse (RMN).
You will have experience working in a similarly clinical and complex mental health environment with patients of a forensic, acute and enduring mental health background. Some patients have a diagnosis of complex, enduring and largely intractable conditions including substance misuse and challenging behaviour.
The benefits of this Staff Nurse - RMN role include:
- Competitive salary with annual review
- Personal Pension Plan
- Free meals on shift
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Personal Health Insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Voluntary benefits
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Assistance with revalidation process
- Ongoing training and CPD opportunities
As a Staff Nurse - RMN you will be responsible for:
- Acting as a role model for good clinical and care governance practice
- To identify the care needs of patients while planning and implementing nursing intervention
- To communicate information accurately on patient care to the relevant parties while adhering to the principles of information governance
- To administer drugs and checking/preparations in accordance with NMC guidelines
- To assist in the induction and development of new and junior staff members
As Staff Nurse - RMN you will have:
- Experience in secure or locked rehab setting
- A Registered Mental Health Nurse ( RMN ) qualification
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
- An enhanced DBS
- Experience of mental health services
- Acute experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of the revised Mental Health Act (1983)