Nurse Team Leader - RGN, RMN or RNLD - Hospital - South East London - £17.88 per hour - £22.35 per hour for Extra Bank Shifts
You will be a highly experienced and enthusiastic RGN, RMN or RNLD with previous managerial experience. You will also have exceptional knowledge of mental health service, ideally in a forensic setting.
My client has an excellent reputation within the region for its imaginative and forward-thinking techniques, which empowers patients to rebuild their lives alongside therapeutic treatment. As an RGN, RMN or RNLD, you should be someone who is keen to develop and who is open-minded with the desire to develop longer lasting therapeutic relationships aimed at long term, meaningful change.
The Nurse Team Leader will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Registered Manager in the responsibility of the nursing service, delegation, responsibility and day to day management of staff, ensuring that budgetary and human resource management are addressed
- Ensuring links with Contracts Compliance, medical and nursing teams facilitate the efficient and effective assessment and admission of patients
- Developing and reviewing departmental policies and procedures to meet professional, statutory and organisational requirements
- Monitoring all nursing care procedures and treatments to ensure they reflect professional, national and local standards for the service
- Ensuring all clinical reports are developed for individual patients; meeting identified deadlines and ensuring they are of a professional standard
- Liaising with HR in relation to human resource planning, recruitment, retention; participating in the selection process for clinical staff
The Nurse Team Leader ( RGN, RMN or RNLD ) will have:
- A Registered Nurse qualification ( RGN, RMN or RNLD )
- Current registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
- Experience in a hands-on, supervisory clinical role within a mental health environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills