Staff Nurse RMN or RNLD - Low Secure Learning Disabilities Service - Colchester, Essex - Salary Up to £37,000 per annum dependent on experience
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
I am presently looking for a passionate and experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse ( RMN ) or Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse ( RNLD ) to join this fully compliant private hospital in Colchester, Essex. Working for one of the country's most highly regarded complex and specialist mental health care providers you will benefit from support and guidance throughout your career.
This prestigious service has two female wards consisting of 7 and 8 beds each. The wards have embedded philosophies of care which are very much focused on providing evidence-based care treatments and enabling patients to progress along an identified care pathway. In addition to the female wards, they now have low secure male wards consisting of 32 beds.
Benefits of this Staff Nurse RMN or RNLD role include:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Flexible hours and working patterns
- Golden Hello of £2,100
- Relocation package of up to £2,000
- 33 days annual leave rising to 36 days with continued service (including bank holidays)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty
- Carefirst Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Free secure parking
- Family friendly benefits
All patients of the wards have been detained under the Mental Health Act and have a primary diagnosis of learning disability. They may also have autism and other diagnoses such as mental illness and personality disorder, which may present with challenging behaviour.
My client have a clear career development pathway for all Registered Nurses, including a preceptorship programme, mentorship courses and specialist training in clinical programmes such as DBT and ASOTP, as well as providing assistance with revalidation.
Not only will you e able to take advantage of these great learning opportunities, but you will also be able to develop and nurture your current skills by becoming part of an experienced and supportive multi-disciplinary team.
As a Staff Nurse RMN or RNLD, you will be responsible for:
- To identify the care needs of patients while planning and implementing nursing intervention
- To communicate information accurately on patient care to the relevant parties while adhering to the principles of information governance
- To administer drugs and checking/preparations in accordance with NMC guidelines
- To assist in the induction and development of new and junior staff members
As a Staff Nurse RMN or RNLD you will have:
- Experience in secure or locked rehab setting
- A Registered Mental Health Nurse ( RMN ) qualification or Registered Learning Disabilities ( RNLD ) qualification
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
- An enhanced DBS
- Experience of mental health services
- Acute experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of the revised Mental Health Act (1983)