Staff Nurse RMN or RNLD - Low Secure Forensic Service - Romford, Essex - Salary up to £35,000 per annum depending on experience
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
I am presently looking for a passionate and experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse ( RMN ) or Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse ( RNLD ) to join this private Low Secure hospital in Romford, Essex.
Working for one of the country's most highly regarded complex and specialist mental health care providers you will benefit from support and guidance throughout your career. This fully compliant service focus on the treatment and rehabilitation of mentally disordered men with mental illness and/or personality disorder often referred to our care by the criminal justice system.
Care is provided over two wards - one low secure for the 18 - 49 age group and the other dedicated to those aged 50 and over, offering our new specialist low secure forensic older adults service.
Benefits of this Staff Nurse RMN or RNLD role include:
- Golden Handshake of £2,100 paid after first months' service
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty
- Carefirst – Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Career development – progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- Personal health insurance
- An employee assistance programme
- Free car parking (at most sites)
- Voluntary Benefits
As a Staff Nurse you will be working as part of a cohesive and specialist team who work to deliver outstanding mental health care for those suffering from severe, complex and enduring mental health needs. You will be experienced working in a secure, or forensic setting in which you have worked at a high pace, organising your day and ensuring maximum productivity.
As an RMN or RNLD, you will have a sound knowledge of both theoretical and clinical aspects of nursing including developments within your profession and an exceptional understanding of clinic and medication.
As a Staff Nurse (RMN) / (RNLD) you will be responsible for:
- To identify the care needs of patients while planning and implementing nursing intervention
- To communicate information accurately on patient care to the relevant parties while adhering to the principles of information governance
- To administer drugs and checking/preparations in accordance with NMC guidelines
- To assist in the induction and development of new and junior staff members
As a Staff Nurse RMN or RNLD, you will have:
- Experience in secure or locked rehab setting
- A Registered Mental Health Nurse ( RMN ) qualification or a Registered Learning Disabilities ( RNLD ) qualification
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
- An enhanced DBS
- Experience of mental health services
- Acute experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of the revised Mental Health Act (1983)