RGN or RMN - Staff Nurse - Elderly Nursing Home - Redhill, Surrey - £16.50 per hour
Working Hours: Full Time - Nights
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Registered General Nurse or Registered Mental Health Nurse ( RGN or RMN ) to join this dementia specialist elderly nursing home in Redhill, Surrey. My client specialises in providing an exceptional level of nursing care to residents who have a dementia diagnosis and has won the Dementia Care Standards award for the past 3 years running!
This is a medium sized home which is part of a small group that strives to create an environment which enables residents to be stimulated and retain their independence. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join this knowledgeable team and make a real difference to the lives of those in your care.
Benefits for Registered Nurse (RGN/RMN) include:
- Competitive salary and £1.20 enhancement per hour worked in excess of contracted hours
- Discretionary quarterly performance bonus paid after three months
- Uniform provided
- Discounted meals
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Free parking
- Comprehensive training and development are provided at the home along with personal and professional development being actively encouraged.
You will be experienced working within a clinical care setting and preferably with neurological conditions. Residents at the home have needs ranging from Alzheimer's and Dementia, Huntington's and Parkinson's disease and Neuropathic illness. Due to the nature of the residents' needs there may be episodes of challenging or aggressive behaviour and you will be able to work to build therapeutic and effective relationships.
Life at the home is tailored to meet the needs of its residents. With an enclosed sensory garden, memory and reminiscence corridor and the home's pet chickens all considerations are thought through in order to make residents feel comfortable and increasing social interaction.
The role of the RGN or RMN - Staff Nurse is to:
- Deliver the highest standards of care with dignity and respect
- Develop, review and update care plans
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Ensure medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedures are read, understood are adhered to by all staff.
- Provide clinical leadership & supervision for the healthcare staff
- Participate in the induction and training of all new staff on the unit
- Supervise and monitor standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required
- Ensure all clinical documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
As a RGN/RMN Staff Nurse you will have:
- Experience in a similar setting (Hospital or Nursing Home)
- A general or mental health nursing qualification (RGN/RMN)
- Current registration with the NMC
- The legal right to work in the UK