Lead Nurse - RGN or RMN - Community Drug and Alcohol Recovery - Bromley, Kent - Salary £40,223 per annum plus up to £5,000 (R&R)
Shifts: Monday to Friday 9:00 - 17:00
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Registered General Nurse ( RGN ) or Registered Mental Health Nurse ( RMN ) to take on the challenging role of Lead Nurse for a community drug and alcohol recovery service in Kent. The successful RGN or RMN will be responsible for leading and supervising a team of nurses across the service.
It is desirable that the successful Lead Nurse ( RGN or RMN ) has previous experience working within the substance misuse field, however this isn't essential. You must however have an interest in the field of substance misuse and mental health, and have an excellent level of clinical skills. This position will allow you to gain experience and develop within the substance misuse field in a very challenging but rewarding role.
As a Lead Nurse ( RGN or RMN ) your duties will include:
- Assessing clients and developing risk management plans
- Screening for BBV
- Delivering vaccinations
- Dispensing Naloxone
- Advising clients on medication and substance misuse, and enabling them to access medical care
- Review medication regimes and assist in the process of referrals for post-treatment recovery support
As a Lead Nurse ( RGN or RMN ) you must:
- Be a qualified nurse ( RGN or RMN ) and possess and valid UK NMC registration
- Have previous experience of working with drug and alcohol recovery is ideal, but not essential.
- Have previous experience of leading / managing a team. This is desirable but applicants' with strong nursing experience and the potential to develop in to management with training and support will be considered.
- Be eligible to work in the UK