RGN or RMN - Staff Nurse - Nursing Home - Taunton, Somerset - £15 per hour
This is an excellent and unique opportunity for an experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse ( RMN ) or Registered General Nurse ( RGN ) to join a prestigious nursing home in Taunton, Somerset. The home provides care to ex-Service people and their dependents, and has a specialist dementia care wing. It was also rated outstanding in the last CQC report.
This opportunity is great for an RGN or RMN who has previous experience working within a clinical care setting and who has a passion for caring for the elderly. The home is situated close to the village of Bishops Lydeard and has 60 rooms - all with en suites, as well as a 30 bed dementia care wing.
My client are looking for a motivated and honest Staff Nurse to take on this role, and to provide round the clock care alongside their highly dedicated registered nurses and healthcare assistants.
The role of the RGN or RMN Staff Nurse is to:
- Deliver the highest standards of care with dignity and respect
- Develop, review and update care plans
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Ensure medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedures are read, understood are adhered to by all staff.
- Provide clinical leadership & supervision for the healthcare staff
- Participate in the induction and training of all new staff on the unit
- Supervise and monitor standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required
- Ensure all clinical documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
As an RGN or RMN Staff Nurse, you will have:
- Experience in a similar setting (Hospital or Nursing Home)
- A general nursing qualification (RGN) or a mental health nursing qualification (RMN)
- Current registration with the NMC
- The legal right to work in the UK