Primary Staff Nurse - RGN, RMN, RNLD - Young Adults Physical/Learning Disabilities - Hereford, Herefordshire - Salary £24,000 - £27,885 pro rata
Working hours: Short or long shifts on Days
Benefits: Competitive salary, comprehensive training and development package
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Registered Nurse (RGN/RMN/RNLD) to join this diverse and highly motivated team of nurses in this nursing home for young adults with physical and learning disabilities. You would be joining one of the local area's most well regarded registered charities and healthcare providers. The team work tirelessly to deliver an exceptional standard of care to young adults aged between 16 and 25 who have profound intellectual and physical disabilities.
In the role of Primary Staff Nurse, you will be working as the head of a primary care team allocated to specific residents. Your priority is to provide relevant care at an exceptional level and to ensure that those in your care are treated with respect and are able to have independence which enables them to enjoy their life at the home.
The charity provide lifelong and respite care for young people with both intellectual and physical disabilities. You will be working as the nurse in charge on shift but will also be responsible for the care of specific residents and their needs as a Primary Nurse. The service aims to provide a secure, loving and homely environment for residents who have lifelong needs, and may be with them long term.
Benefits for Primary Nurse (RGN/RMN/RNLD) include:
- Competitive salary
- Option to work short shifts
- Support with revalidation
- Continuous professional training
- Thorough induction
As Primary Staff Nurse (RGN/RMN/RNLD) you will act as the primary carer for a number of allocated residents. This will require you to build a therapeutic relationship with these individuals enabling you to be astute enough to notice the slightest fluctuation in your patient's condition and have the emotional intelligence to react quickly to their needs. You will be experienced working in a similar clinical care setting and be confident in providing clinical leadership to other healthcare professionals.
As a Primary Staff Nurse (RGN/RMN/RNLD) your responsibilities will be:
- Liaise with parents, carers and relevant professionals to devise care plans which reflect physical, psychological and spiritual needs of the resident. Implement and evaluate the care plans.
- Develop links with all residents' relatives, care agencies and professional staff to facilitate seamless care delivery.
- Organise regular care reviews and attend meetings pertaining to individual patients.
- Promote collaborative working partnerships and effective communication between all members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Ensure that all clinical incidents/near misses within the sphere of responsibility are managed in a timely manner. Report any action taken to the home manager or their deputy to minimise risk.
The ideal candidate for this Primary Staff Nurse role (RGN/RMN/RNLD) will have:
- A Registered Nursing (RGN/RMN/RNLD) qualification
- A current and valid registration with the NMC and have a legal right to work in the UK
- Up to date knowledge of current practices