Substance Misuse Nurse - RGN - Prison - London - Salary £26,500 - £32,000 dependent on experience
Hours: Full Time / Part Time
Are you looking for a rewarding nursing role within Substance Misuse and want to develop your clinical skills in an environment where no two days are the same?
My client offer a salary of between £26,500 - £32,000 per annum depending on experience, plus other benefits including on-site gym facilities and free on-site staff parking as well as access to bank hours, CPD and re-validation.
Nursing in a Prison is never dull or predictable! On any given day, the skills you use may be similar to those you need working in health promotion or A&E or you may be supporting people to manage their mental health or substance misuse. Every day will bring new challenges and new experiences. But at the same time, you'll have all the support you need to deliver the best care possible, through continued development, on and off site training and peer mentorship.
Benefits of this Substance Misuse Nurse RGN role include:
- This is a full-time role, working 37.5 hours per week on a rota basis.
- Excellent salary of up to £32,000 per annum per
- Training & development opportunities
- 2-5% company contributory pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 public bank holidays
- Staff well-being
- Access to bank hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site gym facilities and onsite parking.
The role will be an experience like no other, requiring a diverse and mixed nursing skills and background - one minute you could be delivering a nurse led clinic and the next you are attending an emergency response.
You can expect to be involved in everything from clinical triage, dispensing and specialist clinics , to the evaluation and development of patient care and standards. You'll carry out one to one patient reviews and care plan designs, reviewing patient histories, undertaking relevant examinations and tests, organising any necessary treatment and referring patients to other healthcare professionals when you need to.
As a Substance Misuse Nurse - RGN, you will:
- Be a qualified Registered Nurse (RGN) with a real passion for developing your clinical skills in an environment that is ever changing
- Have a flexible approach working within a team that encourage new ideas and opinions on how to improve the service
- Have a current, valid registration with the NMC
- Be self-motivated and able to work autonomously as well as showing plenty of initiative when it comes to handling a wide range of situations, then this could be the right role for you!
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
- Be a naturally empathetic individual, who desires the best outcomes for the patient
- Have patience and tolerance and an understanding of the complexities of the reasons for substance misuse, with a keenness to get the best outcome and an agreed care plan for your patient.
- Have a flexible approach and the ability to achieve changing priorities
You may have experience of working with substance misusers, but if you don't, full training will be given but you will have a keen interest in substance misuse management and therapy; you will have the ability to work autonomously, with substance misuse knowledge. We'll want to see evidence of your continued professional development, and a real passion for taking your skills even further.
It goes without saying that you'll have a solid understanding of health and safety, along with exemplary record keeping skills. Self-motivated, you'll show plenty of initiative when it comes to handling a wide range of situations.
At HMP Wormwood Scrubs there is a large healthcare centre which has 20 inpatient mental health beds, 2 GP inpatient beds and a day care facility for patients with mental health problems, providing holistic therapies. In the Healthcare Day Unit, we provide Consultant led clinics, podiatry, dentistry and imaging. There are also a number of consulting rooms both across the main prison.
On each of the wings there is a primary care facility incorporating a GP's clinic and area for dispensing of medication.