Speech And Language Therapist - Band 6 - NHS - South London - £25-£27 per hour
We are currently looking for a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist to join the adult learning disabilities team for one of our NHS clients: Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust.
The role encompasses the delivery of high quality assessments and intervention to people with learning disabilities within the principles of “Valuing People Now” and The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy Five Good Communication Standards.
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Ongoing Contract with no defined end date
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- To manage a caseload of clients with Learning Disabilities and with communication and/or eating and drinking difficulties
- To line manage/clinically supervise SaLT Co-workers, SaLT Assistant and Specialist Support Workers as directed by the Functional Team Manager and Professional Lead
- To deliver high quality Speech and Language Therapy assessment, diagnosis and intervention to people with Learning Disabilities in partnership with their families/carers
- To act as part of the multi-disciplinary Learning Disability team and represent the Speech and Language Therapy Service at Team/Directorate meetings/working parties
The ideal Speech and Language Therapist will have experience of…
- Completed RCSLT NQP competencies
- At least 18 months of post qualification experience
- Experience of working with adults with LD (in any clinical or support role)
- Worked within a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of, and commitment to principles of 'Valuing People Now' and 'Personalisation'
- Awareness of the RCSLT Five Good Communication Standards
- Post basic dysphagia training
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Driving license and access to car
- Good time management skills
- Supervision of non-qualified staff (desirable but not essential)
- Previous experience as a SaLT in Adult Learning Disabilities (desirable but not essential)
As a Speech and Language Therapist you MUST be
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A member of RCSLT
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free training resources covering all your annual mandatory training requirements
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy