Support Worker - Adult Social Care - Kirklees - £10.19 per hour
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Support Worker to join our client's Adult Social Care Service in Kirklees.
As a successful Support Worker, you will be part of a team and often alongside colleagues in health, for example, nurses and occupational therapists, you will provide front line support to people who use our services.
You will be working with service users who may have restricted mobility and/or challenging behaviour.
As a Support Worker, you will benefit from:
* Competitive pay rate
* Excellent development opportunities
* Highly supportive team and management
* Thorough induction, with a range of training available
What will you be doing as a Support Worker?
* You will be supporting service users who may require support/lifting for personal care tasks e.g. getting out of bed, dressing, toileting, and bathing
* As part of your role you will be required to undertake mandatory training which includes Movement and Handling and/or Management of Aggression and Violence training to help you support our service users and assess and reduce risks
Essential requirements of this Support Worker role:
* High level of understanding of Adult Social Care
* Previous experience in Adult Social Care
* Hold the Care Certificate (or equivalent) or be prepared to complete this within 12 weeks of appointment
* You must have the ability to demonstrate a commitment to personal and professional training and development to carry out the job effectively and efficiently by completing training requirements in the required timescales
* A basic awareness of health and safety issues
* A basic awareness of food hygiene
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* We will assist you from the initial phone call on-wards throughout the whole process
* Twice weekly payroll
* Competitive hourly rates
* Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
* Interview and coaching support
* Pre and post placement support to ensure you're happy in the role