Community Speech and Language Therapist - Farnham, Surrey - £40,057 - £42,121 per annum
Band 7 role (open to Band 6 or Band 8a)
An experienced Community Speech and Language Therapist (Band 6, 7 or 8a) is required to join our client in Farnham, Surrey. This role will include working across ward, community and outpatients settings.
The successful Speech and Language Therapist will be hospital based and will cover the surrounding areas in the community.
The team require an individual who can provide highly specialist Speech and Language Therapy assessments, diagnosis, therapeutic interventions, treatment and advice for patients with communication and/or swallowing difficulties, resulting from a variety of acquired or progressive neurological conditions
As a Speech and Language Therapist, you will benefit from:
* Competitive salary (negotiable depending on experience)
* NHS pension
* Blue Light Card
* NHS Discounts
* Highly supportive team and management
Duties as a Speech and Language Therapist:
* Manage your own clinical caseload within the Adult Speech and Language Therapy service, often taking more complex patients, and provide clinical second opinions, joint working and support to junior members of staff.
* To act as an expert resource and to educate and train own team and multi- disciplinary team colleagues and other Health Care Professionals.
* To work independently and as part of a Team, and to participate in, and/or lead on, innovative projects and service development to benefit patients and colleagues.
* To demonstrate leadership skills and team management, contributing to service development by identifying areas for development and transformation within the service and the MDT.
Essential requirements of this Speech and Language Therapist role:
* Car driver with valid licence and own vehicle
* Dysplasia experience
* Qualified Speech and Language Therapist
* HCPC registered
* The legal right to work in the UK