Substance Misuse Nurse - RGN or RMN - Cambridgeshire - £31,000 to £37,000 per annum
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Drug & Alcohol or Prisons Nurse (RGN/RMN) to work within the Substance Misuse Team based in Cambridgeshire.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed to working within a busy diverse service. In return for your dedication, our client is offering a competitive starting salary dependant on experience, training and additional benefits.
Benefits as a Substance Misuse Nurse include:
* Competitive annual salary of up to £37,000 per annum
* Predictable hours with no nights or weekend work
* Pension scheme
* 25 days annual leave
* On-the-job training when required
* Continuous upport and development
* DBS and uniform paid
Duties as a Substance Misuse Nurse include:
* Undertake health and wellbeing assessments for all alcohol-dependent service users when indicated by clinical need
* Perform nurse alcohol assessments for all alcohol service users, using results to determine safe detoxification as required
* Provide screening for blood borne viruses (BBV), through dry blood spot testing.
* Undertake community alcohol detoxification either at the service or at the service user's home
* Support opiate detoxification in the community
* Use blood results to support the assessment the current health status of service users, the need for specialist medical referral and the suitability for community detoxification.
* Refer for specialist inpatient services (including detoxification) and liaise with hospital and inpatient unit staff
Requirements as a Substance Misuse Nurse include:
* First-level Registered Nurse with active NMC PIN
* Experience in Addictions, Prisons or Dual-Diagnosis nursing
* Demonstrable knowledge of clinical prescribing issues
* UK Driver's License
* Right to work in the UK