Senior Mental Health Nurse (RMN) - PTSD & Trauma - Inpatient Respite Facility - Leatherhead, Surrey - Band 6 - up to £38,600 per annum
Days and Nights (on rotation, mostly weekdays)
Are you a Mental Health Nurse experienced in PTSD or complex trauma, who is looking for a new challenge in an exciting role? If so, please continue reading!
I am proud to be working exclusively with a leading charity in Veteran's Mental Health who support our servicemen and women recover from the trauma of combat. While most of their services are community-based, they have a small, 12-bedded inpatient unit in Surrey which accommodates veterans needing extra support.
The successful candidate will be reliable and flexible to workdays or nights, with a commitment to high-quality care delivery. As a Senior Mental Health Nurse (RMN) you will receive a competitive band 6 salary, and the opportunity to represent a charity that does amazing work.
Benefits of working for this organisation include:
* Competitive starting salary (Band 6 - up to £37,600)
* Opportunity to work for a leading charity in veteran's mental health
* Stakeholder pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* 25 days annual holidays
* Career progression opportunities
* Discounted medical plan
* DBS paid
Responsibilities as a Senior Mental Health Nurse include:
* Undertake assessment of the clinical needs of veterans
* Work 1-1 with individuals on your caseload.
* Support your therapy, OT, peer support and medical colleagues in the wider MDT
* Work collaboratively with the veteran and include family members and significant others in the veteran's treatment when appropriate.
* Maintain professional, ethical, and legal standards in carrying out therapeutic interventions.
* Ensure the safety of the veteran and others is maintained at all times
Requirements of the Senior Mental Health Nurse role include:
* Registered Mental Health Nurse with active NMC PIN (required)
* Experience with PTSD or complex trauma patients (required)
* Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (desired)
* Experience working with veterans (desired)
* Full UK Driver's License
* Right to work in the UK