Children and Family Support Worker - Sunderland - £12.69 per hour
We are currently looking for an experienced Children and Family Support Worker to join a fantastic team in Sunderland.
As a Children and Family Support Worker, you will facilitate and supervise contact between looked after children and their parents and family. You will be joining a service which aim is to promote safe, positive, and purposeful contact and to ensure that the child or young person is safeguarded during the supervised contact session.
The benefits of this Children and Family Support Worker role include:
* £12.69 per hour
* Stable and supportive team and management
* Excellent training and development opportunities
Key duties as a Children and Family Support Worker:
* To supervise contact between Looked After children and their families to ensure children benefit from safe, meaningful contact with family members, at times when they have to live apart.
* To transport children as required, ensuring that contact arrangements are met in a venue, which may include travelling outside of the City of Sunderland.
* To ensure case recording is accurate and up to date, in order that high quality reports are produced for meetings and reviews.
* To establish effective working relationships with children, families, and professionals to achieve best outcomes for children.
* To be proactive and solution focused to ensure that contact takes place as planned and to communicate any changes verbally and in writing with all parties.
* To plan and organise workload, ensuring transport and venue arrangements are in place so as to make best use of available resources, identifying gaps and working flexibly to find solutions.
* To sensitively manage the supervision of contact sessions, having the ability to engage with children and adults to redirect problem behaviour to more positive engagement
Requirements as a Children and Family Support Worker:
* NVQ Level 3
* The legal right to work in the UK
* A minimum of two references covering 2 years of employment with all gaps verified
* One reference MUST be from current most recent employer
Why Liquid Personnel?
* We will assist you from the initial phone call onwards throughout the whole process
* Twice weekly payroll
* Competitive hourly rates
* Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
* Interview and coaching support
* Pre and post placement support to ensure you're happy in the role