Family Support Worker - Care Management and Court Planning - Dudley - £14.32 per hour
We are looking for Family Support Workers to join the Care Management and Court and Care Planning Teams in Dudley.
As a Family Support Worker you will work within a team of Social Workers working to support and safeguard the most vulnerable children, young people, and their families.
The benefits of this Family Support Worker role include:
* £14.32 per hour
* Stable and supportive team and management
* Excellent training and development opportunities
* Career development opportunities
The duties of this Family Support Worker role include:
* The FSW role is an important key role within the Assessment and Care Management service, as a Family Support Worker you will work within a team of Social Workers working to support and safeguard our most vulnerable children, young people and their families. Within the role you will
* Work alongside social workers to contribute to high quality assessments to support and safeguard children and young people
* Undertake high quality evidence based Graded Care Profile 2 assessments and PAM's assessments
* Work alongside social workers to progress the Care in Need Plans and Child Protection Plans
* Work in partnership with families, providing advice and support to strengthen their parenting and promote the safety and welfare of children and young people living within the family, reducing the risk of abuse and neglect and the need for statutory social care intervention.
* Proactively engage and support the most vulnerable, distressed, and challenging children, young people and so that we fully understand their day to day lived experience and take account of their wishes and feelings.
* Utilise a 'Think Family' approach to ensure that all services working with the family are coordinated and work effectively together whilst maintaining a focus upon the safety and wellbeing of the children and young people.
* Enable the development of positive parenting strategies to enable families to gain and maintain independence and control over all aspects of their lives and contribute positively within the community.
* Work with families with complex often interrelated problems including poverty, social exclusion, oppression, poor housing, mental health, substance misuse, domestic abuse, crime and antisocial behaviour.
* Contribute to the protection of children, young people, and vulnerable adults in line with Dudley Safeguarding Children and Adult Board reporting procedures.
* Work as an effective supportive team member positively prioritising the needs of children and their families in need of support and intervention.
Essential requirements of this Family Support Worker role include:
* Professional qualification relevant to work with children and families at NVQ3 or above
* Good Literacy and English writing and numeracy skills level 3 and above Evidence of continued learning and development Good level of IT skills and application
* Experience of working with children, young people, and families at risk of statutory intervention
* Experience of working with families with multiple and complex interrelated problems.
* Experience of delivery of evidence-based parenting programmes or interventions or a willingness to undertake training to deliver these.
* Experience of carrying out risk and needs assessment and the development, coordination, implementation, monitoring and review of Family support plans
* Experience of working in a multi-agency setting/environment
* Due to the nature of this role, it is essential you are a driver with access to your own vehicle
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* We will assist you from the initial phone call onwards throughout the whole process
* Twice weekly payroll
* Competitive hourly rates
* Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
* Interview and coaching support
* Pre and post placement support to ensure you're happy in the role