Theatre Practitioner - RGN or ODP - Ophthalmic - Birmingham, West Midlands - Band 6: £32,000 - £34,000 per annum
37.5 hours per week, Monday-Saturday
Liquid Healthcare are currently working with an Ophthalmic Day Surgery provider to assist in recruiting a Theatre Practitioner to their Birmingham-based service. Our client take pride in their benefits and working conditions for their staff. As part of the hospital management team, this person will be responsible for participating in all aspects of the ophthalmic surgical pathway.
You will provide excellent care to all patients, with specific responsibility for providing skilled clinical and technical assistance as a member of the operating theatre team which may include the provision of peri-operative and post-operative care in the surgical and refractive suite of the hospital.
Benefits of the Theatre Practitioner role include:
* Competitive starting salary of up to £34,000 per annum
* Flexible working: No overnight shifts and only 1/4 Saturdays with Sundays off
* Pension scheme at 5% and life assurance
* Free eye surgeries for employees
* 33 days bank holidays
* Training and development opportunities
* Private medical insurance
* Enhanced maternity leave
* Seasonal discounts and perks
Responsibilities of this Theatre Practitioner role include:
* Participate in all aspects of this Ophthalmic Surgical pathway
* Provide skilled clinical and technical assistance
* Provision of peri-operative and post-operative care in the surgical and refractive suite within the hospital
Requirements of this Theatre Practitioner role:
* You will be a Registered General Nurse with NMC or an ODP registered with the HPC
* Have demonstrable theatre-based experience
* Previous experience in Ophthalmology
* Experience of managing patients undergoing conscious sedation would be advantageous.